Traffic Department 300 North Blvd. Suite 2701 Baton Rouge, LA, 70801 Telephone: (225) 389-4836 Fax: (225) 389-5081 Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Welcome to the Online Traffic Ticket Payment System for the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office. You can pay traffic tickets issued by the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office, Louisiana State Police and LSU Police, conveniently from here. All you need to begin is your ticket number located on your traffic ticket, and the offender’s date of birth.
Ways to pay your ticket: If your date has not passed, most (but not all) tickets can be paid online. A credit card or check may be used for online payment.
Pay your tickets online: The traffic ticket payment system will allow you to pay for your traffic tickets as long as the offense DOES NOT require the offender to make a court appearance and the court appearance date has not passed.
Examples of offenses that are payable online are: Speeding, failure to yield, running a red light/stop sign, etc.
Please note that failure to appear or to pay timely will result in the issuance of a warrant for your arrest, withdrawal of your driving privileges, and the assessment of additional penalty fees.
Please call the 19th JDC traffic division at (225)389-4761 with any questions.
Questions: If you are unable to complete your online transaction, please refer to frequently asked questions (FAQ), or call the EBRSO Fines Desk at
To pay your ticket online, please make sure to have the following:
1. The ticket citation number. (Usually a red number at the top of your ticket)
2. The Offender’s date of birth.
3. A method of payment, acceptable methods of payment are credit cards (MasterCard/Visa/American Express) or a check (will be processed online through an E-Check payment). Please note that a nominal convenience fee will be charged by the merchant for electronic payment processing in both cases. For more information about PAYING CITATION ONLINE click here.
4. Internet Explorer is required to make online payments through this website. Any payments made using another browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox do not guarantee successful results and will promote errors or false sense of payment.
If your court date has passed, you may pay your ticket:
1. Through the mail, by money order only. Make the money order payable to EBRSO and mail it to P.O. Box 3202, Baton Rouge, LA 70821.
2. In person using cash, money order, debit/credit cards, except American Express and Discover. (Personal checks are not accepted for in person payments; they are accepted for online payments only) We are located on the second floor of the 19th JDC Courthouse, located at 300 North Blvd. Room 2701.Please note: If your court date has passed and you are requesting an extension of time, you MUST come into the office to place that request.
MANDATORY COURT APPEARANCES ARE REQUIRED IN THE FOLLOWING CASES AND CAN NOT BE PAID ONLINE:
Driving with a suspended license
Passing a stopped school bus or an emergency vehicle
All other tickets are payable online. Please note that paying your ticket online will result in a conviction for a traffic offense and may affect your driving insurance record. You cannot pay these tickets online, through the mail, or at the office. You must come to court on the date shown on the ticket. If you were involved in an accident, please refer to www.19thJDC.org & click on traffic for instructions.
AMOUNT OF FINES Calculating the amount you owe:
MOVING VIOLATIONS – $170.75
This includes charges of the following:
Failure to yield
Disregarding traffic control signs
Failure to stop at stop sign
Failure to use turn signal
Texting While Driving = $250.00 Moving Violation
0-10 miles = $45.00
11-20 miles = $55.00
21-30 miles = $65.00
30+ miles = $75.00
School Zone/Construction Zone Speeding = Fine x2 + $140.75 Example: If you were going 35 mph. in a 25 mph. zone, you would use the above of 0-10 mph. as follows: $45.00 x 2 +$140.75 = $230.75
NON-MOVING VIOLATIONS – $165.75 This includes charges of the following:
No motor vehicle inspection sticker
Expired motor vehicle inspection sticker
Taillight or headlight out
Expired driver’s license
No driver’s licence on person
OTHER NON-MOVING VIOLATIONS
Littering – $175.00
Failure to wear seat belt (adult) – $50.00
2nd Seatbelt Offense – $75.00
Child Restraint 1st Offense – $100.00, 2nd offense $250.00-$500.00
IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE CHARGE (as outlined above), add these amounts to the amount you’ve calculated above:
$65.75 if the additional charge is for a non-moving violation.
$70.75 if the addictional charge is for a moving violation
$110.75 if the additional charge is for littering
$50.00 if the additional charge is for failure to wear seat belt